Sunday, November 29, 2009

Crocs-The best thing yet for feet

I had heard something vaguely from my 20 year old daughter about them. But other than that nothing as of January 2009. However, as a bursa on my heel got more and more painful I was finally forced to see my podiatrist doctor. She recommended gel inserts for all my shoes and whenever possible wear Crocs a rubbery type of sandal. I became an instant convert to Crocs(I wear the toe inclosed kind). At first I wore them wrong as boys and men are supposed to put the heel strap forward and not use that. (But I was new to this whole Crocs thing. So the only time now I use the heel strap I am climbing straight up a mountain and don't want to slip out of my crocs and hurt my feet.

They are relatively reasonable too. I buy some now about every 3 to 6 months and if I buy them online including any shipping they are about $43 dollars or so for their biggest size available.

Wearing Crocs you feel like you are getting a foot massage each step, especially when you get a new pair. After about 4 to 6 months of wearing them a lot your foot slowly makes its own impression and the resilience of the foam sole starts to give more and the bottom ridges start to get slick. So after about 4 months watch out if you are on slick surfaces or walking over 1 to 3 inch in diameter rocks like one does at beaches or desert or on mountain trails often. You don't want to slip and injure yourself or step on too big a small rock and do minor damage to your foot as the bottom is very spongy.

In fact, I would describe wearing toe closed all foam Crocs as like walking on about 4 go 5 kitchen sponges while getting a foot massage each step. Which is perfect for those of us who have worn all sorts of good and bad shoes over the years and now need to take care of our feet if we want to keep walking another 20 years or more.

Like all my relatives said, "If you can keep your feet and your teeth healthy, you might live forever!"

No comments: