Monday, November 2, 2009

Compassionate Pragmatism 11-2-09

When I was young I would say I was an idealist. Through much suffering I changed. Then I became an idealistic pragmatist in order to survive here on earth. Then as I moved out of my 20s and into my 30s I became a compassionate pragmatist. Life taught me this. When I was young I thought that some kind of idealistic order to life was the solution. Later I learned that it really wasn't about order at all. There really was no order to life.

But I did learn one thing: compassion and kindness towards myself and all life in the universe brings very good karma(very good results on all levels in all times and spaces). So, I let go of idealism and order because I realized they were only fairy tales that could get one killed or insane in the real world.

Instead I began to adopt kindness and compassion towards all beings because beings may believe anything about life but without kindness, no being survives well or long.

So, I learned to be a much kinder person to myself and to all beings: human, animal bird, Angel, alien, whoever. And through this all beings became my friends in all times and spaces. I suppose this level of kindness is a lot like a priest or a monk or a nun of some religion. But I found this compassion and kindness, was the key to the permanent end of suffering not only of myself but of all beings. It also brought bliss and smiles to all beings everywhere. This became my path, a path born of suffering and near suicide. Compassion because it works and pragmatism(do whatever works). So Compassionate pragmatism is the most useful and practical path of all.

No comments: