Saturday, July 7, 2012

Traveling on a Diet

My daughter needed to get to a wedding and the distance was just too far from Oregon to make it useful to drive this weekend because of her job. So, I offered to drive her north from the San Francisco Airport when she arrived there. But then, my wife (her stepmother) wanted to go to. Then I thought "Great" I'll have another driver to spell me. And then my wife said, "I want to take my Lexus". And I said, "I want to take my truck so I'm more comfortable(because the Lexus doesn't really have enough head room for me. My Gold 2000 RX300 did but somehow the newer ones don't for some reason. I kept my Gold 2000 RX 300 for 10 years because it was probably the best car I've ever owned in an all around way before I traded it in on a 4WD Toyota Tundra. So, I wasn't really happy about not taking my truck. But as a husband I'm used to being stoic a lot so I didn't make anymore waves. So, I packed up my Breville Juicer and took it along with us thinking I would somehow have time to shop for organic food and juice while doing this (no way). So, instead I ate almonds and a banana and wound up eating at a really great Thai Restaurant on 4th STreet in Santa Rosa for dinner. But I still only ate veggies and fruits even though some were cooked like the rice and pineapples and cashews and tofu. But later in the evening after we have dropped my daughter further north at the wedding she was attending I really wanted more to eat as I just hadn't had enough today. So, I found myself getting a headache and sort of getting chilled because of not eating my now regular diet (for most of 9 days now) of vegetable and fruit juices. So, now it's midnight at a hotel and I'm starting to see just how much planning has to go into staying on this diet if you are traveling on work or business or even helping your daughter get from an airport to a wedding. A friend of my daughter's is marrying a guy she met in college in Europe this weekend so it might be the last time she sees her friend for some time.

But it was still nice to see my daughter even if we were only transporting her several hours by car to a wedding for her friend.

But I'm still hungry and still have a headache because even though the dinner was nice I didn't get the right things to eat in the last 24 hours to not have a headache. So, if I'm going to stay on this diet I'm going to have to find a better way to adapt to unforeseen circumstances like this one. I brought the juicer with me but there is no market open now and the juicer would be too loud to operate in a hotel at midnight.




No comments: