Thursday, March 21, 2013

Purple Delta 7: Protector

Purple showed up and we were talking. Jonathan Flow said, "What is that little plastic case the size of a memory chip for a phone doing there?" Purple said, "Oh. chips can now be used as little bombs or tracking devices of different kinds. So, I swapped out the problematic one for another one." Jonathan said, "Oh. Usually I don't like to know about this kind of stuff so I can better serve my readers." Purple said, "Yes. That is how we like it to actually work. Your work has to do with having enough enlightened people on the planet to continue civilization actually working especially through the next few centuries. The Singularity will be simultaneously wonderful and terrible for most of humanity in a variety of ways. New ways to approach problems will have to be formulated and found. Learning to ask the right questions will keep more people alive and civilization functioning. Water will be a problem and sometimes clean air. Food will have to be monitored more closely as well so some people can continue to have children even though most of mankind likely will lose this ability during this century and the next. The paradox of this along with some people living to 150 or 200 or beyond will make many people upset at the perceived unfairness. But, without all these paradoxes in place humanity will go extinct within 100 to 500 years."

Jonathan said, "Well. That's lovely. It really makes one want to be alive to see that."
Purple said, "You are being sarcastic?"
Jonathan said, "No. I'm just trying to cope with the truth as best I can."
Purple: "I'm not human so I don't perceive it in the same way. As people become more physically like me to about 50% of their biology I tend to like people more because they understand me better. I don't have to be so secret in the future as to who and what I am."

Jonathan: "That makes sense actually."

Note: Purple Delta 7 I started writing about I believe somewhere around 2000. To read more things that she is in here are some buttons

           protectors

No comments: