This morning we left Lake Tahoe at around 10 AM and found it took us around 5 to 6 hours to get home. We took Hiway 80 back towards the Bay area and this was a route I don't usually take because I try to bypass the traffic of the Bay area whenever I can especially between about 6:30 am to 9:00AM and from about 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm because growing up in Los Angeles County in the 1950s and 1960s I really don't like getting stuck in traffic anymore. So, I tend to try to avoid it at all costs because of my growing up years from about age 6 to 21.
So, though the route we took my wife wanted to take I let her drive through the traffic to show her how difficult it can be trying to navigate through the SF BAY area compared to alternate routes I often take now the last 10 years or so going to Mt. Shasta, Oregon, Lake Tahoe or Seattle or Canada up as far as Whistler which sometimes has year around skiing and sometimes Timberline has Year around Skiing too.
It used to be every year they both had year around skiing but because of the drought the last few years you haven't been really able to count on anything with all the global warming changes in the west of the U.S. and Canada.
However, the grass and trees are all green all the way and the amounts of Snow in the Sierras are really remarkable for any year so for example, the waterfalls in Yosemite might be pretty impressive this year if you go during the right times when the melt off of snow is the most extreme.
Even where we were staying in Lake Tahoe the water came off of the 3 to 5 feet deep snow on the roof sort of like you were in a rainstorm during the hottest times of the day which got up to about the low 50s Fahrenheit but at night you were getting short icicles forming on edge of the roofs too as the temperatures dipped again below freezing.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Sunday September 24th 2017: most read articles of the last 24 hours here at this site
- On the first timeline: You and I are presently on the 2nd which began Sept. 11th 2001
- Considering two people died in ICU in a hospital in Puerto Rico this week when they ran out of diesel:
- Programming languages are a shorthand so programmers don't have to program in Machine language
- These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars