Monday, June 24, 2019

Drove south to Northern California coast yesterday

I left about 10 am from Mt. Shasta and reached Redding within about an hour. It was 93 degrees Fahrenheit as I passed by and eventually it went up to 100 degrees as I drove south on Interstate 5. Everything was very green especially all the orchards with olives and cashews, almonds and fruit etc. along the way. There was rice growing in rice paddies, especially closer to Sacramento where the Airport is along Interstate 5. Even though it is longer this way I usually avoid the Bay Area Traffic by heading south all the way to Santa Nella. Usually I can be more fresh when I arrive home not having to fight Bay area traffic this way so much. Usually where I live later in the day everyone is pretty much heading north so I have pretty much free road ahead of me for getting home.

So, when I hit Santa Nella it was about 100 degrees Fahrenheit but there was no high fog until about Hollister or Gilroy but by the time I had reached the ocean it was about 63 degrees or colder and it was still daylight at about 4 or 5 pm when I arrived on the coast. But, at least I had had warm days between about 73 to 100 plus degrees at least since Wednesday after I had left the coast earlier in the week

The June Glooms can be very depressing for me especially since I grew up in Southern California in Los Angeles where it is hot and sunny usually all summer long. So, last year when it was foggy (High or low fog) from April until September in 2018 it was unbelievably difficult for me to stay where I lived in the fog all summer. So, I left as much as I could to visit Santa Barbara, Mt. Shasta or Portland where it is usually sunny during the summers.

When I went up to Deadfall Meadows for the first time on Saturday, I spoke with people who said they had never seen this area more beautiful than last Saturday. The skies were completely free of clouds and the temperature was about 73 degrees. Wildflowers were everywhere like Larkspur and others from all the rain and snow this year.

Wonderful Trip!

No comments: