Friday, November 22, 2019

Before Abortions were legal this kind of behavior was more "Normal"

This is a true story but in my era (the 1950s and early 1960s) not unusual) for that era. I was 8 or 9 years old. Boys at a park were playing mumbly-peg which is a knife game where you throw knives into the ground without throwing it into your foot. This was a common game boys played before the Viet Nam War by the way because all boys over about 5 or 6 years old carried jacknives when they weren't carrying their .22 rifles out hunting something (especially in the western states).

So, I was watching these two boys playing mumbly-peg and then one of them grabbed me that was age 11 or 12 (MUch bigger than me) and told me he was going to cut my head off) and then he laughed which continued forever to my young mind with a knife at my throat for what seemed to be 20 minutes to 1/2 and hour.

Strangely enough, this was one of the best long term things that ever happened to me in that I learned you really cannot fully trust anyone. This was important to the rest of my life understanding this, especially if it was a boy or a man.

At age 8 or 9 this permanently changed the way I saw everything in my life to have my life threatened in this way. And later (within the year) a 2nd cousin also about 11 or 12 did this to me as well in his barn and tortured me psychologically with his bowie knife. The first boys drew blood but I cannot remember the 2nd time this happened. However, within 10 years the 2nd boy killed himself.

So, the point I'm trying to make here is that when legal abortions were allowed then less boys and girls were tortured by parents who never wanted them to the point where they were insane. But, I'm also talking here about sociopathic or pathological behavior being much more common in the 1940s and 1950s and early 1960s than it is today.

Today psychotic behavior is much more likely to come from the use of Drugs more than anything else which is how things have changed from dangerous crazy people that I saw a lot growing up and often being beaten by Veterans from World war II who weren't being treated for severe PTSD from World war II.

So, there are still dangerous people but it is basically different from what I experienced in the 1950s growing up in Glendale, California around Maple Park then from 1956 to1960.
















No comments: