Monday, August 19, 2013

Evolutionary Psychology

  1. Though at this point in life I am more interested in Evolutionary Spirituality, still the concept of Evolutionary psychology I still find intriguing too. There was a time when life was very difficult for me, I was 21 or 22 and wondering if I should commit suicide because of all the completely unexpected problems in my life. I wandered into the college Library while waiting for a college class to begin and discovered "Psychology Today" magazines. Finally, so many aspects of my life made complete sense to me because of family traits, actions and reactions. So, I was able to chart why all the different problems existed by using psychological elements to chart the course of my family all the way to me on both sides from about the year 1900. I no longer felt like a victim of life and began to understand I was actually in control of my own life. This was the first empowerment I needed to choose to stay alive until I had my son at 26. The rest is history. So, Evolutionary psychology might be helpful to you too in understanding better why everything in your life is the way it is.

     

    Evolutionary psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_psychology
    Evolutionary psychology (EP) is an approach in the social and natural sciences that examines psychological traits such as memory, perception, and language ...

  2. Evolutionary Psychology

    www.epjournal.net/
    Evolutionary Psychology is an open-access peer-reviewed journal featuring experimental and theoretical work across the whole range of the biological and ...

  3. Evolutionary Psychology (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

    plato.stanford.edu/entries/evolutionary-psychology/
    Feb 8, 2008 - Evolutionary psychology is one of many biologically informed approaches to the study of human behavior. Along with cognitive psychologists, ...

  4. What is evolutionary psychology?

    www.anth.ucsb.edu/projects/human/epfaq/ep.html
    Evolutionary psychology focuses on the evolved properties of nervous systems, especially those of humans. Because virtually all tissue in living organisms is ...

No comments: