Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Under the Dome: Pink stars falling near the egg with the purple flame inside

I keep waiting for something really good to happen on this program. But after I found out it is based upon something by Stephen King I realized it is likely not going to turn out the way I wanted or expected. But, like all of you there is something about this story that keeps my wife and I and all of you who watch it coming back for more. However, the movie about the kids "Stand By Me":
 
  1. Stand by Me (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_by_Me_(film)
    Stand by Me is a 1986 American coming of age drama comedy film directed by Rob Reiner. Based on the novella The Body by Stephen King, the title is derived ...
  2. Stand by Me (1986) - IMDb

    www.imdb.com/title/tt0092005/
    Rating: 8.1/10 - ‎173,617 votes
    They are why you should see this film. 'Stand By Me' is not a bubblegum Disney film, nor a dry Hollywood film; it is a movie that captures childhood in a poignant, ...
     
    was also a movie I really liked even though it was based upon another story by Stephen King. I'm not into horror movies but movies like "Stand By Me" which mirrors experiences I had at Shasta Springs from 1953 until 1969 summers with trains and tressels and rivers and trees and crossing train bridges and even climbing train tressels to the top while trains went underneath reminds me so much of this movie (especially 1953 until 1961 summers) that I had to own a copy of this movie because it is so like the way we really were all then that it brings a tear to my eye from missing the craziness of the late 1950s and early 1960s while the world was still innocent (at least to us growing up in those years).
     
    So, for the time being "Pink Stars Falling" around purple flames in an egg connected to the Dome will have to do. 

No comments: