By age 65 if you are eligible for Medi-care you are home free because almost everyone can afford medical care once they have Medi-care. But, remember you have to pay a premium to have this too, just a very low one. For example, I have to pay at least 400 to 600 a month for Medi-care but I was paying 1400 a month for medical insurance at age 64 the year before I got Medi-care. Also, since then I had a burst appendix (which would have cost me about 40,000 to 60,000 dollars for the operation which took me about 1 year to fully recover from because of PTSD from what actually happened to me the first month.
The average person that doesn't have much income might pay between 100 and 200 a month for Medi-care by the way. But this is every month for the rest of your life too.
"All the things that should have killed me or would have killed the average person didn't kill me from my burst appendix, but the thing they put into my lungs to prevent reflux from drowning me on the operating table to prevent reflux took away my ability to sleep for a month. this gave me extreme sleep deprivation and this last one gave me PTSD that took me a year to recover from completely to where I didn't believe I was going to die. This started in March 2015 and I wasn't free of this PTSD until after Christmas 2015.
But, for most people it is financially recovering from an illness. But, imagine if you are trying to work or run a business and then this happened to you. This is why your physical, psychological and monetary survival depends upon having good health insurance between ages 50 and 65 until Medi-care kicks in (if you are eligible).
And this is why "ANY serious problem you have between age 50 and 64 or 65 could bankrupt you or kill you if you don't have good medical insurance". Understanding this is the difference between life and death or bankruptcy and no money for your retirement.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- From Google Images these are all variations of Tibetan Momos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment