Thursday, July 25, 2019

Headed south to Santa Barbara

Drove south and saw over 100 degrees from about San Ardo to Atascadero today and passing Paso Robles too. My wife said her thermometer in her car said 109 degrees when she drove south but I'm not sure I believe it. It's sort of nice to open all the windows and have it 77 degrees right now like it used to be more when I grew up in Glendale mostly without an air conditioner in the 1950s and 1960s. Life was a lot different then then now on many different levels. But, it's nice to feel the dry southern California heat like when I grew up at least until my wife gets here and she wants to put on the Air Conditioner. Going to see my oldest daughter and her soon to be husband within a week and going to a 50th Anniversary party for a close relative too in Orange County. I was a 21 year old Usher for their wedding then in 1969. It's good to be here.

It also got close to 100 near Buellton. When we drove by San Luis Obispo it dropped from about 100 in Atascadero down to 81 in San Luis Obispo then down to around 67 degrees around Pismo Beach.

No comments: