Friday, November 1, 2019

Beautiful heading south from Portland on 5

I had gotten cold in Portland but only really noticeable at daybreak until about noon. I remember waking up one morning in Portland and going outside at 10 or 11 am and it was 39 degrees still with the wind blowing pretty hard. The next day I bought an extra wool cap for situations like this one at Columbia. But, today when we left after breakfast with my son and his family and my daughter who all live in the Portland area we got out of there after breakfast about 11 am and by 4 pm we had made it to Ashland, Oregon where there is a bead shop my wife wanted to visit as she has been making earrings and necklaces sometimes in her spare time because she likes doing things like that.

So, we soon left the highs of low to mid 50s Fahrenheit for 64 to 68 degrees which is what we found as we moved further south. So, about 10 degrees warmer than Portland in Ashland, for example. We also checked the weather in Mt. Shasta and found that it would be nice in the city here at least during the hottest part of the days too while we are here and found that even where we live it is mostly 68 to 73 degrees this coming week which is also pretty unusual for November which tends to be one of the coldest months of the year on the Northern Coast of California where we live.

However, there were many places driving south where the fall colors were really amazing still so I took some pictures of these to send to friends and relatives all over.

But, what was really amazing is no major clouds at all with sun all the way from Portland all the way to Mt. Shasta which is the most unusual thing of all for us. Because last year we were up there for Halloween and it rained and I almost got sick from the weather then. Then I put my wife on a plane for SF and drove south and was sort of worried about my health then but it all turned out okay then after all.

However, this time my wife and I were treated to sunlight and no wind and perfect traveling weather from Portland all the way to Mt. Shasta along Interstate 5.

No comments: