Sunday, February 21, 2021

How do you survive a 300 plus mile per hour wind anywhere on earth by 2100 AD?

You probably need a strong cement basement to get into that won't blow away in this kind of wind or a cement shelter you build in your back yard with a thick enough metal door where it won't blow off it's hinges in a 300 mph wind.

  Just somewhere that when your whole home blows away that at least your family can survive in, especially if you live in the plains states or along the oceans anywhere on earth.

Like I said before it won't be all the time but if you have ever been in  100 mph wind you know you cannot really even stand up without feeling you will be blown away literally. So, anything at 100 or 200 or 300 mph often people will not survive this for many many different reasons, especially because of limbs and signs and pieces of metal and debris flying through the air at that speed:

Here is an experience mountain climbing with over 100 mph winds that I survived when I was about 21 years old in 1969.

I remember mountain climbing mt. San Gorgonio in Southern California around 1969 as a 21 year old in the winter and when I got up near the 11,000 plus foot summit ice was blowing and cutting into my face so I had to protect my face. Luckily I had brought a sheet of bendable greenhouse plastic 4 to 8 mm thick to slide down on the snow with then so I covered my face before it started bleeding too much from the ice hitting it at 100 miles per hour. When I couldn't find the people I was climbing with I realized I had to slide down off the summit so I did. But, in 100 mph winds I couldn't even stand up because of the gusts I just kept falling down and getting hurt on rocks and stuff. So, finally I realized that it was so cold and windy and ice blowing that I wasn't prepared for this and if I stayed up there I was going to die likely. So, I just took my plastic sheet and slid down the mountain down to around 10,000 feet with my snowshoes tied to my back and hiked with my snowshoes back down below snow line. However, then I made the mistake of walking over  7 to 10 feet high manzinita bushes in the snow and fell through and was hung basically upside down by my snow shoes being poked with sharp broken manzinita limbs. You couldn't see the manzinita bushes because they were covered completely with a foot or more of snow so you didn't see them there. I only did this once because I was bloody and in pain trying to take off my snowshoes while hanging upside down in a 10 foot high manzinita bush under the snow and then I had to climb up out of there, put my snow shoes back on and keep going alone to try to survive all this. But, luckily I was young enough and strong enough to survive even this at the time.

No comments: