Saturday, February 27, 2021

The Adventure of Traveling

 Before I was 20 I had only been within the U.S. and Mexico and Canada. Seattle where I was born is very much like Canada in Some ways which tends to be more like Great Britain in many ways because it is still so tied to England still. There is this increased level of politeness that you get in places like Seattle but also all across the northern U.S. Border where Canadians and Americans intermarry the most and so there is this increased level of English kind of politeness that I still have because I grew up from birth to age 4 in Seattle so I still am a very polite and considerate person. I found it hard to adjust to the "EVERYTHING GOES" kind of controlled Chaos of when I moved to San Diego at age 4.

For example, no one would beat me in Seattle that I didn't know but when I went to Vista near San Diego to live I went across the street and there was an old car that his kids weren't allowed to play inside of. But, I didn't know this so I got in an played with the steering wheel and he (the father) came out and beat me which freaked me out because this wouldn't happen ever in Seattle with how things are done there. Instead someone would have talked to me about what I was doing and not just beat me within an inch of my life instead.

So, I think after that I didn't want to go over there and play with those kids anymore because obviously that Dad was still seriously PTSD from World war II and not functioning right.

But, the whole point of this article is learning about people who are different than yourself. For me, I have always been interested in meeting people all over the world who are different than me. But, I suppose some people have been so brainwashed into their own little town (anywhere on earth) that they aren't open to meeting people at all different from them. And most disagreements and violence comes from close minded people all over the world.

No comments: