Tuesday, May 25, 2021

It is kind to stay alive so your kids can have a future

My son sometimes speaks about someone he knew that committed suicide and it helped end his first marriage. He watched as chain reactions of people whose lives were destroyed by this one young man killing himself. He also blames on one level this young man's suicide for also ending his first marriage too. The one thing this taught my son was that he would never kill himself because he saw first hand how many lives were ruined by one person offing themselves.

I saw this kind of thing too when I was in my early 20s. It's the main reason I couldn't end my own life when things got really rough for me. So, I bit my lip to feel the pain so I could stay alive for my parents and my friends and my relatives because I saw too what it did to family and friends of people who were gone young.

The year I turned 50 I got a heart virus and basically when this happened I refused to die because I had then a 2 1/2 year old daughter and a 10 year old daughter and my son was then about 22 I believe. So, I refused to die because most people would have died if they had gone through what I went through with my heart virus. First of all, I was forced to retire at 50 or I would have died. 2nd if I hadn't had health insurance I likely would have died. 3rd: if I wasn't married to my present wife I likely would have died then in 1998 or 1999.

By May of 1999 my doctors could finally diagnose what was wrong with me and they said I likely could live a relatively normal life after that if I stayed retired. So, that's what I did.

The point is with all of this: "Stay alive so your kids can have a future. Because they might not if you die on them because of what happened to you this last year."

So, even if you cannot go on living for yourselves you need to stay alive so your kids can have a future. And often even if you can't see one for yourself now a good future might arise for you as well.

By God's Grace

No comments: