Friday, May 28, 2021

Why do people turn to religion?

In desperation.

I suppose some people turn to religion sort of like the way that some people join country clubs where they don't really care about the religion because it is ONLY about making friends and doing business anyway.

I was surprised growing up how many people are actually like this where they see the religion as a necessary joke for them to meet friends and make money.

Because I turned to religion when I was already heading away from religion. Why?

Because when I fell rock climbing with my father and got a concussion and then started having seizures at night from ages 10 to 15 because of this I had nowhere else to turn. I could die or freak out and die or I could turn to God because there was nowhere else to go then. 

Not enough was known about these kinds of things then and then my father wouldn't let me take Phenobarbitol either because it is a terrible drug to have to take. So, all I had was mind over matter so around age 14 I knew I was dying so I thought I would give God a try and I invited God to live in my body with me and he has ever since.

But, if you invite God to live with you in your body and he comes it is sort of like the experiences of the prophets in the Old Testament. It is beyond belief what you are going to experience the rest of your life.

Why?

Because God moves through you, sees through you, changes people's lives all around you in infinite ways through you ongoing. And you see this happening in real time all the time 24 hours a day.

Is this Terrifying? Of course but in time (by age 30 you sort of get used to this if you haven't died from the intensity yet).

But, supernatural events of all kinds are coming through you and changing people's lives worldwide all the time so you just get used to all this stuff happening.

And so when God came into my body at age 15 when I invited him, girls started falling in love with me a lot and I realized immediately that they were falling in love with God not me really. So, I was pretty confused about all this until I was 16 and just thought to myself: "This is what God wants so it's okay."

And after that I just accepted the fact that I was 24 hours a day married to God and whoever fell in love with me including a wife was falling in love with God too and this is how it was Always going to be.

By God's Grace 

No comments: