Thursday, May 27, 2021

Compassion for yourself and others can be very healing for yourself and everyone you know

 We are all capable of becoming generators of compassion. And when you consciously generate compassion it is very healing for everyone starting with yourself. When you decide to be a force for good (it usually is a conscious choice whether you are a child or an adult when this happens) everything in your life starts to change for the better by having this compassionate attitude in generating compassion towards all life in the universe past, present and future.

One of the things I have always liked about the Buddhist Attitude is Self Responsibilty. Often in Christian or Muslim or other religions one tends to see oneself as a victim like a child is before they are an adult.

So, in Buddhism there is this "taking responsibility for everything" which is much more adult like and useful in accomplishing things for people.

Moving out of being "A Victim of God" can be useful as long as you are also compassionate and humble as a being as well so you are generating compassion towards all beings in the universe.

Otherwise, you can create a state where you become God and everyone becomes your slave in your own mind which is really only a self destructive way of being which likely will cause your own death soon.

Only when you are helping yourself and all beings will get you away from being a victim of God in your own mind. Even though most Buddhists might not believe in God or be raised in that context, I was raised a mystical Christian so I believe in God just like 25% of all Buddhists on earth.

So, learning to generate compassion for yourself and all beings is likely the single most important thing you can do as an enlightened person.

In my own experience I would not have survived to adulthood through whooping cough and a concussion and the seizures that followed at night from ages 10 to 15 unless I believed in God. I see no reason to give up what helped me to survive to adulthood. For me, believing in God was my salvation and my survival as a child and young adult. So, if something works for you then often that is what you should do.

The way you perceive reality decides whether you live or die at each and every point in your life and so I'm grateful I had God to hold onto so I didn't die as a child and so because believing in God saved my life over and over again, believing in God still saves my life over and over again now that I'm 73.

by God's Grace

No comments: