Tuesday, October 5, 2021

As of half past noon it's made it up to 68 degrees so far today here in Mt. Shasta

 However, the 80s of the last few days here are likely gone. But, the air is clear from a storm going through the area and it's windy. However, no rain is predicted this far south from this storm as of now. So, it's windy fall weather right now and tomorrow it's supposed to be only 56 degrees so the Indian summer they have been having here for a while now might be going away towards more fall weather for now.

My friends and I were going to go 4 wheeling in a remote area today but that seems a little much for me because of driving 7 hours yesterday already. I need to be realistic because I'm 73 and another 4 or 5 hours of four wheeling in the back country is not a good idea if I want to be able to sleep tonight. I need at least one day to recover from the 7 hours of driving yesterday. However, it is beautiful up here even though it was pretty smoky from about the Bay Area to Redding and beyond and not until around Lakehead around Shasta Lake did the air start to clear up. But, by the time I reached Dunsmuir and Mt. Shasta City the air was clear as a bell so that was wonderful just before sunset.

No comments: