Sunday, October 10, 2021

"Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachthani": "What Jesus said on the cross"

or eli eli lama sabachthani  These both are Aramaic and likely there are only 25,000 people or so left to which this is their native language.

However, when I was growing up since my parents were ministers we went to hear a native Aramaic speaker and Translator and he said that it was mistranslated through Greek and possibly Egyptian or Latin to "My God My God Why hast thou forsaken me?"

But, there are many mis translations in the King James Bible like this because it famously went through mainly Greek translations into possibly German or French or Spanish before it came to English in the time of King James. So, many many things are basically screwed up because of all the mistranslations from going through too many languages before they hit English.

The native Aramaic Speaker and Translator said that what this really means is literally:
"My Gods! My Gods! How you have Glorified me!"

This is what he actually said in Aramaic.

Because Eloi or Eli is a plural noun for God which at the time was either 9 Gods or 7 Gods depending upon what era you are speaking about.

For example, in the religion I was raised in there are 7 Elohim who create the universe or Galaxy (depending upon your point of view). So, let's imagine 7 Gods creating the Galaxy and all the star systems within it and all the Nebula within it and the Black hole to hold it all together.

But, what if they were a Species of Gods like I presently believe which are the species our souls are which never really die usually who live billions of years or longer. And the existence of this species predates all matter in the universe. Because no galaxy could exist without them building it in the first place like a farm so they can feed their children better on energy converting from one form to another in a Galaxy.

So, imagine 7 or 9 of these beings got together and built our whole galaxy and our solar system over time.

This is what: "Eloi! Eloi! Lama Sabachthani" in Aramaic Language brings to mind for me.

No comments: