Friday, October 1, 2021

Nine Perfect Strangers is very strange and on Hulu

 It was too scary for my wife to watch but then she has been on a diet the last 6 months and lost already 40 pounds which was wonderful because the leg and back pain that she was experiencing since last November is gone about 90% so the diet in this sense is successful. However, it is sort of like being married to a whole new person who gets hangry (hungry and angry) a lot because she is dieting the last 6 months. But, the pain being gone is also wonderful for her and for me to not see her in so much pain.

I have sort of been binge watching "Nine Perfect Strangers" starring Nicole Kidman and Melissa McCarthy. 

It is extremely adult and in some ways unless someone is about 21 to 30 years old it is difficult to say whether this will help people or not. However, because I studied to become a psychologist for several years in college I find it fascinating studying the psychology of all involved especially Masha who is the leader of the place all these people go to (in Hawaii?) It sort of looks like Hawaii.

However, it is one of the most adult things I have ever watched in many ways because it deals with suicide and death a lot too. So, it might help if you are sort of solid and not messed up when you watch this too for this reason if you do.

I personally don't think dosing people like Masha does at this resort is useful. Other people have different points of view but this is mine.

I think if you want to get enlightened in 4 days a better choice would be to go into the wilderness somewhere you feel safe and not eat food or drink water for 4 days while praying would be a better outcome than what I have seen in Nine Perfect Strangers so far.


No comments: