Sunday, May 22, 2022

Religions are a way for mankind to try to keep people alive so they can give money to their religions to continue those churches and religions

Does it really go beyond this? Physically, regarding continuing all religions: "No!" But, psychologically it often goes very deep indeed. It's difficult to quantify either the help or the damage that churches often do in the exact same way it is difficult to quantify the help or the damage that parents and other relatives or friends do to children either.

So, in some ways it is the luck of the draw whether any one survives the brainwashing they get from being raised in ANY religion or for that matter the brainwashing they receive from any family.

However, what I found useful about religion in my own life is:
1. learning about self respect and respecting others.

2. Having people through my life that I believed I could trust (even though in the end I mostly realized I couldn't trust them like I thought I could).

So, number 2 above was a very very very hard lesson for me  to learn where the feeling is like if your mother and father pushed you off a cliff to die and then you are facing up as you fall to your death watching their faces recede from you after they have killed you.

This ended eventually my relationship with all churches and congregations (of ANY kind) for life.

 

No comments: