Saturday, July 30, 2022

One or two really good decisions can save your life

This is why it is important to become an opportunist and to stay clear headed enough to benefit from whatever opportunities you find in your life. 

For example, in my own life I think the best decisions I made were to have all my children and to marry my present wife in 1995. At the time in 1995 I was going through a really awful divorce that I didn't think I would necessarily emotionally or psychologically survive at the time. So, choosing my present wife in 1994 and getting married in 1995 was the most important decision I made on top of the decision to have and raise all my children.

Often, we think that owning our own business might be the decision that makes or breaks our lives. However, in my own life and nature I found becoming a father at age 26 changed me and forced me to grow up more than anything in my life. So, the businesses I started or bought were a reaction to wanting to support and care for my children ongoing. So, the businesses were not what motivated me to succeed. My children motivated me to succeed because I needed to care for them. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would have survived my 20s because I was always an extreme physical risk taker. For example, my hobbies always were Rock climbing with thousands of feet of exposure with or without pitons and ropes, Dualsport Motorcycles, flying hang gliders and regular gliders and planes, and traveling interesting places and before I was married the first time dating sometimes dangerous but interesting and beautiful women.

So, having children literally saved my life ongoing and made me more responsible and safety conscious so I could stay alive to raise my children, otherwise I might not be alive now because of the physical sports and physical risks like Rock Climbing that I chose especially in my teens and early 20s in my life.

So, the decisions you make from the opportunities in your life often signal life or death for you at a young age.

No comments: