Saturday, October 28, 2023

Why does one tend to have TRUE visions that can be helpful on a Vision Quest?

 It is a long standing tradition among native people around the world and especially in North, South and Central America of doing vision Quests for 15,000 to 20,000 years already. It is a way to find your way forward in life where you pray in the wilderness while stopping eating or drinking anything for 4 days and nights.

Of course you have to be young enough and whole enough in body and mind to succeed at something like this like I did. My now ex-wife and 2 of my friends who were a couple then all eventually went on 4 day vision quests too under the tutelage of a Blackfoot Sioux Medicine man name Crow who has since passed away. HE could often see through Crow birds eyes which was interesting too as a medicine man. Most of us did this the summer of 1983 I believe on the South Fork of the Trinity River in the Wilderness there miles from the nearest human beings.

So, when I became a Golden Dragon breathing fire on everyone after 2 days without water or food and halfway through the vision quest at night I began to realize that becoming a dragon was likely something my soul has always been in many ways. And I realized eventually that it meant that I should write to help enlighten all people who cared to listen to what I wrote about.

I would say I'm more of a storyteller like my father and grandfather and ancestors before me, simply because before radio and TV and Internet, storytelling was what people did at night in front of their fires. So, a good storyteller was very in demand indeed if you can imagine people who couldn't read or write. So, storytellers and bards who could sing were everything to the people then as well as artists and artisans who made beautiful things of one kind or another.

So, since I have a way with words I write as God and Angels give me utterance.

By God's Grace

My present wife is an optimist whereas I'm more of a survivor so it is really good to be with an optimist because  I can be very cynical because of my survivalist ways always.

Being a survivalist comes from coming from a long line of survivors stretching back at least from 1725 when 6 brothers came to the U.S. to Philadelphia around 1725 through England from Switzerland in sailing ships and came up the river there to Philadelphia to make their start here in America before it was the United States by at least 50 or more years. So, you can imagine what my forebears survived colonizing the U.S. from Philadelphia to California since 1725.

No comments: