Friday, October 9, 2026

Beliefs

 There are the beliefs you are programmed with as a child.

Then there are the beliefs that your experience teaches you from the beginning of your life in the womb.

Then there are the experiences you have throughout your life.

What do you do with all this?

I think it depends upon the person.

I'm amazed I'm still alive at 78 especially after all I have been through in my life.

However, it's true I didn't have to go to the Viet Nam War because I had already almost died of Concussion Seizures caused by rock climbing when I was 9 years old.

So, the very thing that almost killed me between 10 and 15 is what saved my life so I didn't have to either die in Viet Nam or have PTSD the rest of my life from watching people die there.

So, unlike many men my age 78 I didn't have to suffer or die or get PTSD from the Viet Nam War when the Draft was still a real thing for young men since at least the beginning of World War II until maybe 1974?

I just checked it ended in 1973 when I was 25 years old.

So, what do I believe now?

 I believe God saved my life through those seizures that almost killed me so I could have a somewhat normal life and get married and have children and start businesses along the way and travel the world.

This is what I believe right now.

By God's Grace 

No comments: