Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Writing down your thoughts can be very healing and help you organize your thoughts and your life more

 It's true each of us are very different people. For example, my wife is a much better writer than I am but everything has to be so perfect for her that she usually doesn't write at all like I do. However, it's true her training went all the way through to getting a master's degree in business also. So, this likely had a lot to do with it too.

Whereas for me, writing has always been a way to express myself and growing up an only child often there was no one to talk to about important things in my life, especially if we were traveling some place. So, often writing or doodling on a note pad was helpful to make sense of what was happening to me and inside of me, especially when someone died that I knew and loved from ages 6 to 12 years old. So, writing to cope with Deaths around me including my male cousins death at age 16 in a car crash where he had just gotten his license helped me a lot to cope when people weren't talking to me about this simply because this is more what it was like to grow up in the 1950s where "Children should be seen and not heard".

So, writing is very healing for me and a form of self healing and self therapy in trying to make sense of the world around me and myself. Also, females talk to each other more trying to figure things out but that is less true of men for a variety of different reasons. So, men traditionally were taught to go to their Bear Dens and figure stuff out. So, for me, I write to make more sense of everything. It has especially helped me regarding relationships with people who are dying or dead or just died. Death is often difficult to deal with in people you know or have met.

So, I think more than anything else writing helps me deal better with people dying around me.

And so far almost everyone I knew in the 1950s now is dead including 2 of my 3 best friends where one died in 2006 and one died in 2011 and one is still alive that I starting mountain climbing with in 1969 when I was 21 and we climbed Half Dome in Yosemite and Mt. Shasta up near the ORegon Border just off of Interstate 5. He even visited my family and I in Nepal in 1986 too while my family was there from December to April in Nepal and India and Thailand and Japan.

So, I think writing to be able better to cope with all the deaths of people you loved or knew might be one of the best reasons to write more so you can cope better and live a better life and be more healed by the natural insights that God can give us all about life when we write.

By God's Grace 

No comments: