Vista: Hit 108°F, tying an all-time record high originally set in June 1985.
When my parents and I first moved to Southern California from Seattle in 1952 we lived in Vista, California on the coast in between oceanside and San Diego. Then again while I was attending College in San Diego County I also lived there for awhile and also lived in Encinitas around that time too with my first wife as well. When I was young I moved around a lot and also lived in Mt. Shasta and Hilo, Hawaii then too and drove a lot around the Western United states because Gas was still cheap enough to do that then still up until 1973 and the Arab Oil Embargo where it suddenly quadrupled in price from about 20 cents a gallon first to 50 cents then to 80 cents and finally to over a dollar in fairly quick succession in the 1970s and through the 1980s. The Arab Oil Embargo basically made middle Class and poor people really poor compared to before and what they could all do in their lives sort of like how gas prices now have really messed up people being able to afford to buy food or drive or buy anything now nationwide and Worldwide because of the Iran War.
No comments:
Post a Comment