In junior High school my best grades were in Science and English and I even took an Elective in Junior High School Called Advanced Science which had the brainiest kids in school in this class. I wasn't used to this type of Intellectual High Brow stuff yet until I was in High School and College and University. However, Physics always interested me a lot. However, I only went as far as Geometry which was in my senior Year at the "I AM" School in Santa Fe, New Mexico and it was a home study course provided by the HIgh School so I studied it by myself. So, I never got to Trigonometry or Calculus in High School or College. However, when I studied Computer programming and computer operations in college I also tried to work for IBM in the Wilshire District of West LA I believe. However, to even consider hiring you you had to have a Bachelor of Science in Math at that time and I really didn't want a Degree in Math. I liked Algebra and Geometry because of the formulas and the symmetry and a sense of order which the chaos of life didn't bring me at that time.
As an adult I realized you have to build your own order and your own Castle and your own family and your own life (which is an incredible amount of work by the way). But, if you don't your life might not go anywhere at all and you might die quite easily especially as a man in this world.
So, instead I studied COBOL and FORTRAN and while I was going to Glendale College I also got a part time job through the College Working for the Computer department for the Glendale Board of Education. This was my first job in the Computer field and then this led to two other full time jobs, One automating a Drug Store warehouse so each product drawn by workers they drew a card and so the card was to replace the product ordered and sold to drug stores in the Los Angeles Area. Then I got a Job with a Company that might not exist now Called Reynolds and Reynolds (which still exists today) which did computer automated accounting for most Car dealerships in California and I worked 7 days a week 12 hours a day at age 20 which gave me enough money to buy a brand new 1968 Camaro which I kept for 10 years in the family. But, I could only afford it if I stayed at my parents place because the payments were too high otherwise. However, people were always impressed that a 20 year old could afford something this nice then. And it attracted a lot of Girlfriends too which is always both good and bad in many different ways.
But, physics if I had been into math more and hadn't been sidetracked into a Dumbell Math Class with idiots in 7th Grade at Wilson Junior High School when I had been an A Math Student in Grade school. But who knew there were idiots at Wilson Junior High school putting people in the wrong classes then?
But, I survived the juvenile delinquents in that class that beat up A Students in that Class by purposefully only getting Cs which was the safe thing to do then too. You don't go up against a Gang of kids in class if you are smart enough to survive whatever is going on there. But, some people weren't smart enough to do this and were rolled down hills in garbage cans and turned upside down and had their heads mashed into the poop in toilets instead.
However, I was always a very "Where the rubber meets the road kind of guy." Though I could be an intellectual I was always a survivor first." Almost dying of Whooping cough at 2 and seizures from a rock climbing accident where I had seizures from age 10 to 15 at night taught me a lot about how to survive literally anything in life.
So, I always survived and I always won at whatever I was doing. I was never competitive I just always came out on top no matter what quietly and effectively.
If you want to actually live to be 78 like me it's better to be a survivor first before anything else.
So, I would call myself a Compassionate and Kind Survivor.
Which basically means I'm going to survive anything but I will be as kind as I can be while doing it.
Because if you don't survive what happens to your family?
Words of Wisdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment