I'm not really sure why but it always is somewhat amazing to me how the days keep getting shorter until December 21st every year. As the days get longer I find to be a more pleasant experience from December 21st until June 21st however. And I think this is pretty normal too.
I noticed that the days don't change that much in length the closer you get to the equator. For example, when I lived in Hawaii the length of days didn't seem to change that much. But, if you live in places like Seattle or Anchorage Alaska or even Portland Oregon the changes seem a lot more extreme in varying degrees as you go further north.
Since I mostly grew up in California I have grown more used to the California cycle even though I started out being born in Seattle, Washington. Normally I don't think about this that much but here it is 6:30 AM and i have been awake since 5 am for some reason and it's still dark out and I'm thinking about it right now because the sun isn't going to come up for another 1/2 hour or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment