I needed the Empowerment of the Mountains and being a mountain Climber up First Half Dome then San Gorgonio and then Mt. Shasta and living in Mt. Shasta a lot between 1974 and 1992 with my first and 2nd wife and children (my son from my first marriage and my step kids from my 2nd marriage.
However, then I got divorced a 2nd time and then I needed the Healing of the Ocean. Though at the time I didn't think I would survive to be 25 and then I didn't think I would survive my first divorce and this was even more extreme during my 2nd divorce in 1994. So, my son was born in 1974 and then I was married again in 1980 and then we divorced in 1994 and I didn't believe I could survive another divorce and stay alive and funcational (like many other people who have gone crazy or died or become dysfunctional in many different ways from divorce (sort of like Dead people).
So, after my divorce and then I married again in December of 1995 in Yosemite National Park I realized that I needed the Healing of the Pacific Ocean more than living in Mt. Shasta. So, though I tend to visit MT. Shasta about 4 or 5 times a year now it is usually for around a week at a time instead of living there.
So, what I need the most is the healing of the ocean. Today I took a friend to a beach nearby that he loves and we love too and since his son recently passed away he said to me:"I need to spend more time walking along the ocean." There were many shells he picked up today and he was asking me about whether they took the seaweed off the Sand that had gathered there for the storms and I said, "No. Not where I live they let it stay there and then the waves cover all the dead seaweed with sand eventually so that there is likely 20 feet deep of layers of Sand and Seaweed underneath us. At one point he stepped on sand and sunk down several inches and I told him how the sand he was standing on was on top of buried seaweed and that is why the sand was sinking under him. I also showed him how the shells often were attached to the root balls of the seaweed that are like underwater trees attached to larger rocks under the ocean and the spread out giving protection to many species like Otters and many fish creating whole ecosystems where I live too.
However, all the hurricanes in the Pacific this summer and fall keep bringing a lot of the seaweed into the land and we noticed that we saw three dead seabirds washed onto the beach on our walk today. And there was a sea otter I pointed out to him so he climbed a rock and took pictures of the sea otter too.
So, he realized today that he needed to spend more time healing at the beach with the waves and seas and sea otters and shells and seaweed all around. Also, our corgi was with us who loves this man more than anyone and who howls each time he comes to visit us so great is her love for this man.
I felt like this was a sacred meeting today with the ocean and I especially felt it was important because his son had died last Tuesday and he needed to heal at the ocean like I have been healing from my life since 1994 now too.
I live at the ocean because it heals me enough to keep staying alive here at 78 with my wife and our children are all still alive and relatively healthy too and grandchildren too.
I was glad I had us go to the beach today so my friend's healing at the loss of his son could begin and continue now ongoing because it usually takes 2 to 5 years to get real with the people you love who die.
You never really get over losing them but after 2 to 5 years at least you learn to live with the fact that they are gone (except when they visit you in your dreams).
By God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment