Wednesday, October 7, 2026

People into Western Esotericism are less likely to go to church and categorize themselves as "Spiritual but not religious"

I myself categorize myself like this because I practice my beliefs 24 hours a day but I don't usually go to churches anymore because I don't find God there just different forms of brainwashing that often cost people their lives and sanity.

If I want to find God I go to the Ocean (I live one mile away from the Pacific Ocean) or I go to Mt. Shasta(7 hours a way by car or truck) or I go to Santa Barbara where my family owns a home there too.

So, what I find most interesting about people into different forms of Western Esotericism is that they are usually well educated having been to college or with one or more degrees and they don't usually go to church but might go to conferences on one subject or another worldwide. 

So, like me they practice their beliefs 24 hours a day 7 days a week and not just on Sunday. So, we are into Substance because Form (church) is just not enough to sustain people who are educated to the point where Fairy Tales just don't make it for them any more.

So, one of the markers for Western Esotericism is that we don't look to others to form relationships with God for us. We do it ourselves.

We are our own priests and priestesses and what we want to know we will seek out ourselves with or without anyone else's help.

partial quote from:Western esotericism

The idea of grouping a wide range of Western traditions and philosophies together under the term esotericism developed in 17th-century Europe. Various academics have debated numerous definitions of Western esotericism. One view adopts a definition from certain esotericist schools of thought themselves, treating "esotericism" as a perennial hidden inner tradition. A second perspective sees esotericism as a category of movements that embrace an "enchanted" worldview in the face of increasing disenchantment. A third views Western esotericism as encompassing all of Western culture's "rejected knowledge" that is accepted neither by the scientific establishment nor orthodox religious authorities. 

 

 

 

 

No comments: