Prince Harry shares new details about losing Princ...
The title is a quote from the Doctor helping Harry give a masterclass on Grief.
Also, I agree with this statement.
Also, there are many kinds of grief not just one.
There is the grief of moving out of the womb into a place not as safe which is one reason why babies cry when spanked to clear their mouths so they will breathe air instead of amnionic fluid.
There is the grief of many different things in life including relatives and friends that either die or move away. Like I felt grief when I had to leave my two cousins in Seattle after growing up the first 4 years with them. So, even though California was interesting I had to adapt to a whole new climate a whole new state without my grandparents my aunts or uncles or friends of our family that lived in Seattle, Washington Area.
Then there is the grief of losing people in your life to death. But, losing people out of your life because of moving in some ways is the same as death. For example, my good friend Danny Barsocks in El Cajon when I was 5 years old near San Diego was irreplaceable for me because we started to ride bicycles together and climbed trees when I was 5 together which was a milestone in my life. I could never really replace him either as a friend.
So, there is the grief of losing friends and relatives both to death and because you are not living there anymore.
There is also the grief of growing up and not recognizing yourself anymore especially between about 12 and 15 which is in some ways the most traumatic part of a person's life I think especially 7th Grade.
I was telling a friend today at the beach about how I was accidentally put into a Dumbell Math Class in 7th Grade even though I was a math and science A student in Grade School and how I purposely didn't get an A in this class even though this would have been easy for me because of Gang members in the class who beat up and tortured anyone who got As in the class because it meant they might flunk out. So, I just got a C in class because I didn't want trouble from the gang members in Junior High School. I also saw what happened to people in the class who got As and then were rolled down a hill in garbage cans and had their heads stuck into toilets with poop in them. And A wasn't worth this!
So, Grief can take many forms like when I was 8 and started writing more because my 16 year old cousin died in a car accident shortly after getting his drivers license when he drove a car through a house full of people and died from a broken neck.
But, one of the good things that came from this is I became a writer in order to make sense of my life when no one was there to talk to about my grief. So, I learned to counsel myself even at age 8 because I needed to to keep going even then.
So, Grief takes many forms and not just forms where people are physically dying. It also takes the form of losing friends and relatives because you aren't living near them anymore too.
Like I experience Grief every single day that my children all live far away from me and my wife in other states and even in Europe so I don't see them or my grandchildren very often because of this. So, maybe once a year I get to see my grand kids if I'm lucky.
So, like I said there are many kinds of grief we all live with and for some people their grief kills them before their time too.
But, I agree with the title that Grief isn't something you ever move past it is something you move through sort of like swimming in water in a lake or ocean. It's more like that than anything else.
So, unless you keep swimming then you might drown from Grief and be no more (at least here on earth).
No comments:
Post a Comment