Monday, November 9, 2009

Belief Creates Reality nov. 9 '09

No, you might say to me, "Reality creates belief." And in the end we both would be right. Because from conception to death both things are constantly going on.

For example, I just went through the ravages of Swine flu which sort of sneaks up on you and then makes you feel like you've had a really bad case of bronchitus for 2 or 3 weeks. So, within 2 days of knowing something was wrong my body told me I might die. Of course, I'm 61 so that is a factor too.

So, during the course of Friday, Saturday and Sunday my body told me I was too weak and that I was going to die. My mind said, "If I get enough rest and watch and make sure my fever doesn't go beyond about 104 degrees Fahrenheit I might be okay. Because much above 106 for someone my age can cause brain damage and cognition damage.

So, it gave me time to meditate on reality and death and belief. Most people deal with this if they think there is a possibility they might die. Once again, my body thought it was all over, my mind thought that if I just took care of myself to the limit of my ability while sick I would be okay. And My intuition always said, "You'll be okay." I kept reaching out to angels, Mother Mary, and Jesus and Saint Germain for reassurance, both to strengthen my belief that wouldn't die but also to be with all of them if I did. If anything happened to me I wanted them close.

Another strange thing for me is that my internet connection turned off about one week ago and it made me wonder whether internet connections are disconnected or feathered (some on and some off) when there is a major Swine flu outbreak in an area because of all the desperately crazy things people might write about with a fever above 105 degrees Fahrenheit. However, in the end, "Who Knows?'

Like many other areas a nearby Middle school (junior High) lost 1/3 of its students all at once to swine flu(not lost just absent) in a 3 day period. So it is hitting my area very hard right now. I finally went to an urgent care facility and the doctor provided a prescription for tamiflu. When I took the first dose I started to be able to think clearly again for the first time in a couple days.


Belief Creates reality. when a part of you thinks you might die it causes a person to question many of the things they think and believe even if your heart and mind and intuition says you are going to be okay.

I've never had any illness since about the 1960s or 1970s that laid me so low so quickly. This swine flu just sneaks up on you and kicks your ass within a couple of days without any real warning. I think this is why people are dying from it. It is unusual in that you feel a little sore throat and kind of ill at ease and then within 24 to 48 hours you have a temperature of 99 to 101 or more. It comes on quick and then just about beats you to death before you really have time to adapt to an illness. So, watch out for the warning signs if one of your local schools has 1/3 or more students out absent and make sure you don't overwork until it passes because if it hits you, you are going to need every ounce of strength to survive it. I'm hearing of people knocked out of working for up to a month in their 40s and older just trying to recuperate so they don't wind up in the hospital.

So I believed I would survive but I was scared I might not because it weakens one so far so fast. Take time to create survival strategies for your families if it hasn't hit yours already. You may dodge the bullet but then again you might not, especially if you have any kids in school or have to go to work every day in an office or store where you are out among the public a lot.

HOwever, just believe you will survive and pray if you get it. That helped me a lot, that and the Tamiflu. Here is the humorous part of all this. My doctor scheduled me for a flu shot on the 17th of November but it will not do me any good now. So my wife is trying to get the shot in my place before she gets sick too. My daughter brought this home from school with her.

So, hopefully, if you believe you will survive this, you will.

note: When my fever was spiking between 102 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit and I kept getting the chills we started with a wet wash cloth on my forehead and then went to a tepid bath (about 90 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 15 minutes. This broke my fever and brought me back to a place where I wasn't sort of delirious and I was okay for about 24 hours before my fever came back but even then it was only about 99 degrees Fahreneit. Don't use ice baths because children and adults over 50 have had their hearts stop or died from the shock of this extreme temperature change unless under the supervision of experienced doctors or nurses.

No comments: