Saturday, November 14, 2009

h1n1 and sinusitus Etc.

In some ways what I have learned the last week or more from my own experiences with H1N1 and what I'm hearing from basically everyone I know nationwide is that dying from it might not be the worst thing you can do.

Of course in a certain way I'm kidding you but in another way what I'm saying is that I'm hearing more and more about related illnesses that go on for weeks or months. The other problem appears to be that even if you survive H1N1 many people have permanent lung damage from problems directly related to this virus. And even if you don't get permanent lung damage there is this persistent sinusitus that I'm presently dealing with 7 days after the worst of H1N1 that I felt like I was dying from last Saturday night through Sunday night and up to monday morning.

From all the people my wife has spoken with it is imperative if you still have a sinusitus a week later that you go to your doctor for antibiotics. A friend of my wife's we just found out didn't go to the doctor immediately and is still sick in sinus and lungs since August and having to use asthmatic inhaler now even though she wasn't asthmatic in August. So like I was kidding about in the beginning of this article, maybe the worst thing about h1n1 isn't dying but having to live with the consequences of ever being exposed to it or even if you don't get it all the peripheral illnesses that are out and about with it these days worldwide.

For younger people who don't yet have seniority in their jobs or own their own businesses yet the danger is too many missed days of work and being laid off as a result. For small business people it is having to shut down their businesses too many days while they are sick and losing necessary business. For students it is missing too many days and too many assignments and not being well enough soon enough to catch up. h1n1 is not just about death it is about the havoc it is creating in every life directly and indirectly all over the world.

No comments: