Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Unmistaken Child part 2

I would like to share my experiences meeting Trijang Rinpoche who was then a newly discovered Reincarnation. He was 3 or 4 years old in January 1986 when my family and I had an audience with him and his caretakers and teachers then in Dharmsala, Himchal Pradesh State in India. It is located at about 5000 to 6000 thousand feet in elevation in the foothills of the Himalayas. One is surrounded by 12,000 to 20,000 foot peaks and more. It is situated near Srinagar and the state of Punjab nearby if you are trying to locate it on a map of India. It is also near the city of Mendi which is near another holy site, Rewalsar or (Tsopema in Tibetan).

We had been staying first at the Kailash Hotel but since there were 5 of us in our family we found that the Green Hotel could more easily accommodate a large family at that time. When we walked in an bowed to Trijang Rinpoche he was finely dressed and he blessed us all by banging all our heads with his dorje. (Every Lama has a Dorje and Bell which is Masculine and feminine, dorje=masculine and bell=feminine.

The dorje is sometimes called "lightning bolt" or "thunderbolt" and when I have asked about it I was told the original one "fell from the sky". So a part of me naturally assumed it was maybe a ufo weapon originally or something of supernatural origin. I also noticed that Tibetan Tingchas or dingchas look exactly like little brass flying saucers so the resemblence of the dorje somehow just seemed to fit in.

So When 3 or 4 year old Trijand Rinpoche hit us each on the head with his dorje he hit us quite hard and it made us laugh at the incongruity of someone from a western culture being hit on the head with a piece of formed metal while exchanging white scarves back and forth. It was all quite amazing to say the least.

This was especially true because the previous day we had been taken by Tibetan monks to see Ling Ripoche, the senior teacher of the Dalai Lama who had run Tibet while the Dalai Lama Grew into a young man. And Trijang Rinpoche was the junior teacher of the Dalai Lama during this time. So we felt very privileged to meet with both of them while we were in Dharmsala where the Dalai Lama Lives now and then.

The one thing I should mention is that we received "Darshan" or spiritual blessings from Both Trijang Rinpoche who was 3 or 4 and Ling Rinpoche who had been meditating without food or water for 2 years when we saw him. he was sitting in the Maitreya Mudra teaching position of blessing toward all beings. So when we walked in the room we were hit with his infinite blessings that he was sending back to us from another holy dimension. It was unlike anything I have ever experienced before or since. Then when the next day we were sent to young recently reincarnated Trijang Rinpoche we were equally completely overwhelmed by this experience as well.

I have memories of being a lot like the Lama who reincarnates in Unmistaken Child two lifetimes back. HOwever, my goal (since I foresaw what has happened in Tibet as early as 1880 in that lifetime, was to find a way for reincarnations to incarnate all over the world and how that could be accomplished. This is why I am writing about all this now so others will not be so lost when they reincarnate in the Western World and all over depending upon their inclinations and the people's they want to help.

The other interesting thing I have realized since I was born in Seattle in 1948 is that Padmasambhava is said to have been born from a Lotus Flower in the Land of Origin or Orygin. However, this is a timeless kind of saying and could be interpreted many ways.

For example, anyone who is born anytime in Oregon or even old Oregon Territory(which includes both Oregon and Washington could theoretically BE Padmasambhava!

And since my first spiritual teachers spiritual name was Lotus as well as my first girlfriend in my church's name was Lotus does that make me Padmasambhava or one of his many bodies on earth?

Also, when I went to Rewalsar, India (Tsopema in Tibetan) because I was sent there by many Tibetan Lamas and monks, I found it was a Padmasambhava holy site which is his Crazy Wisdom incarnation of Dorje Drollo or Dorje Grolod. In this incarnation Padmasambhava is burned at the stake by Mandhrava's father the local king. But Padmasambhava turns the fire into a lake and flies up the hillside and melts his two feet into the rocks to prove to the Kind he is a Mahasiddha. My size 14 Vasques Cascade hiking boots perfectly fit into these melted footprints and when I did this the sky turned purple and violet lightning came out of the sky for hours. A Kagyu Lama, Lama Wangdor invited me to tea at that point with my family. He later came to Mt.Shasta city, California a year or two later and gave me and many friends and acquaintances a Dzogchen initiation which is one of the highest initiations they give ever.

So what does all this mean? I guess seeing is believing for all of us. So I write of my constant amazement at all of this and of realizations as they come so that all of you may suffer less than I have or others have before me. So that you may attain enlightenment for the first time or simply re realize past enlightenments already attained in previous lives. Mankind needs us all now to know who we are. May all beings attain Bliss and the Cause of Bliss!

No comments: