Thursday, February 16, 2017

Cast Away (2000)

 This movie I found very cathartic for me when I watched it. The 1990s had been difficult for me as I had had to go through a difficult divorce including 4 children (most of them grown up) and this was very confusing for me to deal with on multiple levels. However, in 1995 I remarried another lady and with her had my youngest daughter and this helped me to stabilize and to set up a new home for  all my biological children who are now very close to me. So, this movie when It came out I had almost died from a heart virus on top of everything else in 1998 and 1999. So, I must have watched this movie about 50 times trying to make sense of all the changes to my life including having to retire because of my health at age 50. Luckily, financially this all worked out but all these changes in anyone's life is bound to put them through it. So, this movie helped me make more sense of my life on multiple different levels and helped me adapt to my new life which I could see only as one of God's many miracles. By God's Grace we all live and By God's Grace we die. So, this movie helped me deal with all the completely unpredictable things that often happen in all our lives ongoing.
  1. Cast Away (2000) - IMDb

    www.imdb.com/title/tt0162222
    Includes cast, credits, and other information about the film.
  2. Cast Away - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cast_Away
    Cast Away is a 2000 American epic survival drama film directed and produced by Robert Zemeckis and starring Tom Hanks, Helen Hunt, and Nick Searcy.

No comments: