Friday, February 24, 2017

Dogs think humans are Gods but Cats know better

My Yellow Labrador dog is sitting next to me in the sun on my deck and my corgi is sitting in the tall grass of my back yard. My Labrador is believing that I am God (at least to him) and my corgi is sitting believing nature is God to her because she is much smarter being a sheep dog rather than a water and bird dog.

My Yellow lab is completely loyal to a fault. Sometimes I think he thinks I am his brains so he has to be near me so he has some brains too. But, my Corgi knows (or thinks she knows that she is smarter than me)(My last dog thought he was smarter than me too) until he stole a pizza from the stove and I had to show him I was Alpha dog in his pack.

But cats are an entirely different thing. They will allow you to feed them and sometimes even allow you to pet them if they don't scratch you with their claws first. They are completely different than dogs and as you know in the wilds cats and dogs don't get along.

However, my Dad tells a great story about a huge Tom cat he knew of that if any dog came into his yard he would jump on the back of that dog and hold on with three claw feet and scratch with the 4th until that dog left his yard screaming in pain and blood and jump off off the back of the dog at the front picket fence.

So, are cats smarter than dogs?

I think it depends upon the cat and it depends upon the dog.

To say cats are smarter than dogs I don't think is  useful.It is only useful to say they are completely different than dogs but if they are raised together as kittens and puppies some times they can also live in peace with each other: relatively.

They are sort of like Republicans and Democrats. If they are raised together in the same household they might even get along.

No comments: