Sunday, April 23, 2017

Medicines

When I was young I sort of looked down on people who had to take medicines. Now I'm a little jealous of a friend who only has to take Sublingual B-12s every day.

I noticed something wasn't right with me in my 40s. My hands were cold and often I got depressed seemingly for no reason other than I was in my 40s and not my 30s or 20s. After I almost died from a heart virus that might in some ways have been related to his obliquely (because all of our health in any of us is usually interrelated to every other health aspect we deal with because we live within the holistic system of our group of cells in our specific body and DNA.

But finally while I was working out with my trainer from Germany she asked me what my symptoms were that were bothering me. She said, "I have the same problem it is thyroid deficiency. You are likely hypothyroid. "  I took two blood tests then in 2006 and she turned out to be right. So, since 2006 I have been taking Armour Thyroid. It is expensive because since it cannot be patented because it is organic it costs about 70 plus dollars a month for me to take this medicine and insurance doesn't cover it because they want to force you to take synthetic Thyroid which CAN be patented so they make more money from that. I used to get this medicine shipped to me from Canada while it wasn't made here in the U.S. for a few years but now it is made here once again so for me it is fresher and more convenient to pay a little more and not have to worry about it fading out from being too old and having to wait a long time for 2 to 3 months worth coming from Canada.

So, basically I have had to take Armour Thyroid now since 2006. What is amazing about this is it mentally makes me feel like I'm 20 years old once again which is great. However, I still am living now in a body that soon will be 69 years old.

However, by taking this medicine I didn't die of bronchitis sometime in my 60s because this is what I likely would have died of (or pneumonia) during my 60s because of not being diagnosed with hypothyrodism earlier.

If you suspect this problem you should get a T3 and T4 blood test to see if this is what your problem is too.

If you have ever traveled abroad and been exposed to Giardia this can be one of the results down the road 10 or 20 years time.

Giardia is in the water in most places on earth unless it is boiled especially in 3rd world countries.

However, there are no side effects at all if you take Armour Thyroid instead of Synthetic thyroid, as long as your body can process Armour Thyroid like mine can.

It has been used since the 1940s at this point so it has a long and effective and useful track record.

No comments: