Though I believe in positive thinking and all the good it can bring I'm also a very practical and pragmatic person. In other words as I grew up women more believed in fairy tales and men tried to be ultimately practical even though this stoic practical strategy also might be the death of them eventually.
As I grew up I noticed how cold and calculating most men had to be to survive and it really turned my stomach. So, as I entered manhood I kept trying to be more idealistic and only as pragmatic as I absolutely had to be to survive anything. But, eventually I learned like all adults who survive long enough do that unless you catch problems while they are still small they can become big and wreck or destroy your life or others.
So, sooner or later everyone has to either become very cold and calculating or live with someone who is cold and calculating or no one survives at all.
Then, if you take it to the next level of adulthood, if adults don't take responsibility for the world around them in every way, soon their lives and the lives of all their friends and relatives go away.
The U.S. didn't jsut suddenly appear like a fairy tale out of thin air. Just look at every traffic signal in your city for instance. Likely 1 to 30 to 50 people died for every traffic signal you see. If you want to you can even go back through microfiche or the internet in Newspaper archives to see how many were injured or died at that crossing to make it first a stop sign and then a traffic signal. Anything good we have in the U.S. came from someone's sacrifice. And often it is many people's lives that were sacrificed to make this country. Some died as police or firemen. Some died as soldiers protecting and defending it. Some died championing better beliefs and political freedoms. But mostly, people died making this country as good as it has always been.
So, if you don't deal with local, state, Federal and World News, you tend to become the news as you lose everything you care about one by one. Sounds a lot like the last 5 years doesn't it?
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment