Monday, April 28, 2014

Naked and Afraid: Uncensored

I started watching the latest naked and afraid with my wife today but felt the two people weren't matched right for this because their personalities and life philosophies were only going to clash. Also, there seemed to be a lot of sexual tension between them which only made things worse because they were both married to someone else. So, it was a disaster from the beginning then eventually the guy got a really bad form of malaria by the 16th day there (this is the Bolivia one) and later about day 20 she got really sick and had to be rushed to the hospital too.

My thought is that I actually come from a long line of U.S. settlers that actually goes back to about 1725 or so from Switzerland to Germany to England to the U.S. So, because I come from people who actually survived all this on farms and wherever they went until my Grandad became an Electrical Contractor around 1910 and forced my Dad and his older brother to be electricians working for him and their younger brother too, I kind of understand that you really shouldn't put yourself into situations that might kill you or jeapordize your health. You only do that in an absolute emergency that you absolutely need to to survive.

The pioneer motto was always "Prepare for the worst and hope for the best". But, it was never "Put yourself in a really dangerous situation so you might die."

So, I guess I'm sort of having trouble with a show that puts people together that really would never be together in real life and one or both of them almost dies because of the impracticality of the situation.

Those two would never have been together (except maybe for a night or two)in real life if they met when they were young or something. So, them being together helped them both get sick and almost die which I think is sort of crazy and unfortunate and stupid in the end.

No comments: