Friday, May 1, 2015

Difficult Night in Hospital

Tomorrow we had wanted to travel north to Seattle and to move our youngest daughter from her dorm room at college with my 4wd truck and haul her stuff in the first leg back to California as well as her.

However, my cough got worse so my daughter and wife insisted we go to Urgent Care. However, they couldn't be sure what was wrong with me because they only had a nurse and Physician's assistant on duty so they recommended we go to the emergency room at Providence St. Vincent in portland. So, we went there but there had been an 18 car pile up with as many people injured on the freeway so this was kind of a difficult situation because so many people needed to be seen on top of the regular flow of emergency room patients.

So, after getting a chest Xray around 7 pm we had to wait until  midnight to get put into the emergency room assingment to see an actual doctor. However, the doctor was very sharp and thought that my cough likely was my heart medicine Lisinopril because this dry cough is one of the potential side affects of the drug. So, he put me on a different similar but more expensive drug that doesn't have this side affect so we'll see.

So, we have to now put off going up to Seattle for a day because we all lost basically a nights sleep by having to deal with the whole hospital problem.

However, that is not what actually happened after leaving the hospital. What actually happened was I slept 5 hours (I tend to be afraid of going to sleep after the last month of sometimes "The Clash of Worlds which is difficult to endure). But, this is less and less of a problem now that I'm getting from 5 to 8 hours of sleep a night in one burst except for trips to the bathroom. What actually happened is when I got up after 5 hours sleep it wasn't enough sleep for my wife so she got hysterical. I was worried we might get a divorce over the direction the conversation was going so I went instead out to Target to get my prescription filled for Losarten. Then it was filled and she had calmed down and realized we should head north to Seattle on Friday to move our daughter out of her college Dorm room and start heading south back to Portland (where my older daughter lives and eventually to the Coast of California in the Bay area where we own our home on the coast there.

No comments: