Sunday, November 1, 2015

Squatty Potty (or a stool you make at home)

My daughter bought me something like this but I had it set next to the toilet in one of the bathrooms in our house. So, when I saw the humorous Squatty potty video with a unicorn using it, I remembered it and thought about using it. I found it about 10 to 20 times better and more efficient than not using one.

My father had taught me as a boy to often squat on the toilet instead of sitting on it. But, you have to be coordinated to do this and have to have really good knees which I did up until a year or two ago. Even in the woods I find it is harder than when I was young doing this. So, often if I'm in the wilds and have to go I will lean against a tree which also works. But, if you have piles (hemorroids) or whatever, you will find it is much easier to use a device like this.

Also, you could make something like this with a small piece of plywood and maybe some sawed off 2 by 4s to or anything else you wanted to including old books that were stacked that you aren't going to read anymore depending upon who and where you are here on earth and it might help you a lot in your life.

However, drinking enough water during the day and eating apples and not too much cheese also helps a lot. Good Luck!

No comments: