Saturday, August 19, 2017

made it to portland, Oregon

We towed a Uhaul trailer to portland from the SF Bay Area as my youngest daughter was moving to portland to go to university with my older daughter there. Finally got here about 4 pm and unloaded Truck and trailer and returned trailer to Uhaul and had a lovely dinner at Thai PK which has the greatest orange salad ever. It is oranges and salad fixings and mint in a lovely mix. You can also add meat or fish to the salad if you wish. I prefer it vegetarian myself. My wife got one with Shrimp and loved it too. I had told her about it from the last time I was here when I first discovered it. My older daughter took me there and the food is wonderful. The last few days have been a bit much as I'm 69 and will be 70 next spring. So, I find I have to be careful how much I do in one 24 hour period let alone 3 24 hour periods these days, especially after surviving my burst appendix in 2015. But, I seem to have an incredible immune system like people did in the 1800s and before and I seem to just keep rising from the dead so to speak often like they did back then. ONly the very strongest immune systems survived that far back because there were no anti-biotics, so literally anything could take you out back then. There weren't recognized pro-biotics then either to increase your strength after using Anti-biotics so you wouldn't just get sick over and over again either from the weakened anti-biotic state.

So, now I can have fun and not be stressed out packing or driving and pulling a trailer all these hours to get here. But, it wasn't really that bad because my wife helped me drive. It's good to be a part of a team and part of a family. Since I was 26 I have been married and raising kids and now helping my youngest ones through college except for 2 years in between my first and 2nd marriages from 1977 to 1980.

It's been a pretty amazing life!

By God's Grace

No comments: