Friday, June 1, 2018

Alignment

This might not be what you think this article is going to be about. I had a set of new tires put on one of my daughter's cars this week and got a 4 wheel alignment for it today and last week took my other daughter's car in for two recalls from her car's  manufacturer and to change the oil and generally check out the car since my younger daughter doesn't usually do all that yet because she is still pretty young. They are traveling together right now with my wife but I wasn't well enough to fly (because you shouldn't fly with a sinus infection because that could be fatal). So, I didn't travel with them like I had I had planned to. So, instead I wound up housesitting my daughter's place in Oregon and visiting with and helping my son and his family get settled in their return to the U.S. from living and working overseas for 5 years. So, a few trips to Ikea and consignment stores and Costco and Fred Meyers and places like that worked for them in setting up a new household etc.

So, I've got my two daughter's cars to where I don't have to worry about their safety at least for now and helped my son and his family too since I'm retired now and basically can go anywhere I want to. But, being a family man always since I was 26, my family is where I want to be. Best is traveling the world with my family whenever possible and meeting interesting people and seeing interesting places and learning more about myself and the world and everyone and everything else along the way.

I brought my 4 wheel drive long bed Tundra which is good for hauling couches and Ikea unassembled furniture and saving a few hundred dollars or more in having stuff delivered this time and stopped off to visit my friends in Mt. Shasta where I lived off and on from 1976 until 1992 when I owned 2 1/2 acres up there and built an A-Frame to home school my children from 1980 to 1985 when they were all 5 years old to 12 years old (the oldest) in 1985.

So, it has been likely the longest my present wife and I have ever been apart since she went to Antarctica with her friend a few years ago in January (which is a good time to go because that's summer there then.) Their ship went through 30 foot seas in which 60% of everyone on board (the ship and the crew) were sick as dogs from the constant pitching and rolling which is why I didn't want to do that. So, everyone (just about)was sick for over a week going from the tip of South America to Antarctica. But, my wife and her friend have cast iron stomachs and never get seasick either of them.

If I went to Antarctica I would want to fly there which is still very hard to do but likely will get easier every year now. So, if I wait long enough likely I can go fly and ski in Antartica like my wife's doctor has.


No comments: