I just completely stopped answering them cold turkey. Why?
Because they are dangerous in a variety of ways including identity theft, forcing you or a loved one to buy something that they don't want or need or worse (the might convince you they are the IRS hassling you) when actually the IRS won't call you ever to threaten you they will ALWAYS send you a letter instead. They won't call you like this.
So, because of all the problems I realized that if someone actually wanted to reach me from a number I don't recognize they can leave me a message. IF they don't "Then tough luck".
I had the same experience with my main email where I just don't go there anymore. I have asked everyone who wants to contact me to either call me on my smartphone or to text me on my smartphone. Otherwise they aren't going to get a hold of me. My wife does all sorts of things by email so we run everything important that has to be done through email through her email addresses. I just stopped visiting all my email addresses except in an emergency. This is how chose to handle it.
I also don't go to Facebook except in an emergency. So, all members of my family know now to call or text me if they want to reach me because I don't respond to emails anymore at all.
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment