Monday, June 1, 2020

Paris France October 2009

I was going through my backpack and opening zippers I don't ordinarily open and found one of my journals from the early 2000s and realized I wanted to share one of the hand written pages:

I remember Versailles and visiting there in one or more previous lifetimes.

Sustainability is what the U.S. can learn from England, France and Germany and the rest of Europe. Opportunity is what the U.S. has offered new citizens. But now we must change to sustainability because of all the world changes now. Though opportunity still exists we must learn sustainability as well for the American culture to survive ongoing.

end quote from journal.

I thought this was a good observation of what the U.S. presently has to learn from Europe where many of our ancestors came from in the first place.

Once America was a land of opportunity but now there aren't the social programs anymore in place for a poor man or woman of any race to succeed here in the U.S. anymore since around the late 1980s when most social programs ended under Reagan and Bush I and Clinton.

So, if you are poor you can still succeed in places like Canada but it is very unlikely to go from poor to rich anymore in America. It still can happen in a fluke but it used to be a pipeline to success before the 1980s and before that poor people often became rich. But this has changed now to something else.

Companies like Amazon in one way help people and in another way stifle competition as we now see all the big box store companies crumble one by one. This ends opportunity for small business owners the way the world is going now with monopolies like Amazon and Google and Apple in place.

I come from a long line of entrepreneurs that goes back to 1725 that came from Europe but I feel discouraged now for the young entrepreneurs of the future the way things are changing now.

Low overhead cottage industries that you run out of your garage in a low overhead way aren't as common now as they were in the 1960s through the 1980s now either.

People in the 1960s and 1970s often paid for their trips to India and Asia by bringing back jewelry or clothes with them on planes and selling them to friends or farmer's markets then or consigning them at stores that did that. You don't see this happening now as much because of many different changes.

I myself remember in 1986 returning to California with a Dragon Yak wool carpet from Dharamshala, India  that I paid 80 dollars for there and seeing the same thing for sale here for 800 to 1000 dollars here in the U.S.

I kept the Dragon Tibetan Wool Carpet and still have it today of course because of my experience becoming a dragon during a vision quest around 1983. It led me to Tibetan Buddhism and studying with Tibetan Lamas in the U.S. and India and Nepal in my life too. And bringing a Tibetan Lama and his translator to stay here in California too from India.

By God's Grace
Chinese Tibet Dragon Rugs carpet 202 cm x 124 cm - Catawiki
My Dragon carpet looks a little like this one.

No comments: