Saturday, July 11, 2020

If you have good mental and physical health I can think of nothing that will develop your intuition and instincts more quickly than a 4 day vision quest of no water or food

However, here's the thing. You don't want to die doing this either. So, if you are having problems (like if it's too hot or cold to survive this) you need to stop before you get a cold or a flu and die.

Luckily, I was about 35 years old when I did this and was in excellent health then. Two years later after I went to India and Nepal and Thailand and Japan for 4 months time I and 4 out of 5 members of my family all got giardia in Kathmandu Nepal.

AFter that point likely doing a 4 day vision quest wouldn't have been the best idea when I got back because I looked like I had been in a world war II concentration camp I was so thin. And one of my children were as thin as I was then too from giardia.

So, if you do a vision quest be very practical about it. One of my friends who did his vision quest with the Same Medicine man after me almost died because it was too hot when he went to not almost die from not drinking water.

So, you have to be practical about all this so you don't die doing a 4 day vision quest of no water or food.

I went to a sweat with one of Charlie Thom's Children in 1983 (Charlie Thom was a Karuk Medicine man) in Northern California who lived in Happy Camp. When I came out of the sweat I was directed by God to do a vision quest. I wasn't particularly happy about this but I was obedient to God simply because I knew it was the next step on my Path to God for me. I looked at it a lot like I looked at getting a pacemaker installed in my heart in June 2020. It was the next step that God had planned for me in life. I didn't want to do it but knew that without it I would be dead within 2 years time. So, I did it.

Same with the vision quest. I knew God wanted me to do this and so I did.

By God's Grace

No comments: