Monday, April 19, 2021

To Pray without Ceasing

 I had heard this idea in my youth and wondered about it. Then when I was around 30 years old I heard another phrase about this: "The Leisure to practice". By my 30s this made a lot more sense to me because I had witnessed so many miracles between childhood and my early 30s. So, I started to pray for "The Leisure to practice" which also means "To pray without ceasing". By my 30s I realized that my grandmother and my mother and my father had been praying for me all my life and that I needed to step up to pray for my own children and wife and everyone in my life. So, around 1980 I began praying for the Leisure to practice. Well. In 1998 it happened when I thought I likely was going to die. However, the angels came to me in the living room after I called my son to come drive me to the hospital. The angels said to me in unison: "You aren't going to die. Your Life will get better now."

So, when my son took me to the hospital the doctors and nurses I told about my angels experience. They said this was pretty normal for people having a near death experience to have angels come to them. So, they were used to people having this kind of experience. I felt comforted by this too.

And 8 months later in May of 1999 after I hadn't died my cardiologist said to me: "You are very lucky through the process of elimination we realized you had to have had a heart virus. The reason you are so very lucky is most people die before this is diagnosed."

So, I realized then that God had given me the Leisure to practice by forcing me to retire and by a miracle I was actually able to retire in Fall of 1998 at age 50. That will be 23 years ago this fall of 2021.

So, God gave me the Leisure to practice on his own terms in his own timing and the rest is history.

I'm amazed to be alive 23 years after all that of passing out again, again and again for those 8 months from Fall of 1998 until May of 1999 and this is how most people die of heart viruses because if you panic even once while passing out you will die. 

But, luckily, God showed me how to be and not panic so I didn't die.

By God's Grace


No comments: