Saturday, April 24, 2021

It's nice being in Mt. Shasta

 It's really nice  being somewhere other than where we sheltered in place most of the last year. It's great to be somewhere else beautiful. Our home is beautiful on the coast and I take our blue Merle corgi to the beach often to walk almost every day that I'm not taking her into the redwoods and pines for a walk in the forests around us instead. So, it's really nice to be in the hotel that we have spent so much time that it is like a 2nd home except during the past year when we couldn't stay here because we hadn't been vaccinated yet.

So, even though the mountain is clouded over the temperatures are okay still. It's 49 degrees Fahrenheit right now at just after Noon on Saturday. Loading the truck became sort of onerous simply because I had to load and unload a couple of time because we were going to deal with rain and snow on this trip. I have a 6 passenger 4WD Tundra so I can put most of the stuff behind the drivers and passengers seat to keep it out of the rain but I also have a covered bed. A covered bed on your truck doesn't necessarily mean it is water proof though so I put everything in plastic bins pretty much so it doesn't get wet at all and I bring a large tarp for some situations too. I find year around I like a covered fold top bed the best simply because dust and leaves don't blow into my truck bed so I don't ever have to vacuum or sweep them out because of this. And with a fold top I can put almost anything including motorcycles if I want by folding back two folds of the bed top for doing this.

I hope to get up on the mountain or up to see if the ice is melted on a 6000 foot lake today too so I'll see where the day goes. But, it's great to be up here breathing the mountain air and seeing old friends on the way up to see some of our kids in Portland, Oregon.

No comments: