Sunday, April 25, 2021

Why I like Chai

 I first had Chai in early 1986 in New Delhi India when we took a train from Gaya to Varanasi and then to the Taj Mahal in Agra and then to New Delhi  and liked Chai immediately at the Lord's Restaurant in New Delhi and also had a Lassi which is sort of yoghurt milk which I like too. I'm not sure I had a mango Lassi that time but maybe in India I also had my first Mango Lassi which is common in Indian Restaurants around the world too. But, my first lassi was just the plain yoghurt milk kind and I liked that type too.

Coffee is what I drank most of my life to stay awake driving whenever I needed it driving long distance. But, now I'm 73 I usually try to drive between 10 am and about 8 pm now and not ever in the middle of the night like when I was younger unless it is a complete emergency of some kind.

But, what I like about Chai whenever I can get it is that there is no coffee Crash between 1 and 2 hours or less or more after you have coffee. Then if you want to stay awake after that crash if you are tired you have to drink more coffee and you feel pretty jangled and not right when you do that often.

But, Chai will also keep you awake like Coffee without the crash and I actually like the taste of Chai better than coffee unless it is some kind of exotic coffee like Vanilla Coffee or other concoction maybe from Starbucks. 

Friends of ours buy this Blue Lotus Chai which can come in a small canister 2 or 3 inches tall that has a little teeny wooden spoon in it which gives the right amount of chai tea leaves to make the perfect amount of Chai for one cup. So, I guess my wife liked this idea and started buying the Blue Lotus Chai of Golden Masala Chai for me which now I like a lot. I'm looking at a small tin of the stuff right now here in our hotel room by the way in Mt. Shasta. It's still snowing outside but still not sticking at least at this altitude. The city is around 3500 feet elevation.


No comments: