Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Writing

 Can be used to heal your soul or to be your own therapist in trying to process what is happening to you in your life. I became my own therapist at around 8 years old by writing about my dead 16 year old cousin who had driven a car into a house at 16 with a new driver's license and had broken his neck in the accident which he didn't realize at the time. He said to his friends: "Is everyone okay?" and he turned his head and because his neck was broken he died right then. Remember this was 1956 no seatbelts then.

So, I began to write simply because I was an only child and so I needed someone around my age to talk to about all this. I felt very vulnerable like I was dying because I was 8. By writing my feelings and then reading them later I was able to begin to self parent myself because my parents were running a church in addition to my Dad working 5 days a week full time as an electrician so they didn't have very much time for me. And my grandmother was born in 1888 and hadn't gone beyond 3rd grade in school because they didn't know how to teach dyslexic kids yet in the 1890s then in Philadelphia yet. So, even though she read her Bible every day she had never worked outside the home and had raised her younger brothers and sisters and then her own three girls once she got married.

So, I was always very intelligent like my father and also very intuitive like my mother and her mother who were both dyslexic. However, back then people wouldn't talk about this sort of thing so my mother didn't tell me about her mother's and her dyslexia then until her mother had been gone for at least 20 years and she was 80 years old. Then this was something to be ashamed about because there weren't teachers for different learners then much.

So, I thought of my mother and grandmother as "Spiritual Ladies" because both were extremely INTUITIVE like me. Whereas my Dad was valedictorian of his Senior High School class which is an entirely different king of intelligence than dyslexics tend to have.

However, just remember Einstein was a dyslexic. So, often dyslexics are geniuses like my son is who won honors in College with some of the highest grades they had ever seen there.

However, I'm not dyslexic but because of being trained by my mother and her mother I can think "INTUITIVE" or Linear both. I have a friend whose mother and brother were dyslexic and we both are very intuitive and yet able to think in linear ways and he has a Master's degree from UCLA and is not dyslexic.

What is interesting about dyslexics is they are able to make intuitive leaps and be right almost all the time like Einstein was. When his brain was analyzed after he died they found that his brain wasn't bigger than everyone else's it just had more connections between neurons than any brain that they had seen before. This is how he was the way he was.

Imagine being him and visualizing yourself riding a beam of light through the galaxy and then being able to do the math to the point where you might come up with E=MC2 and unlock the secrets of the universe too!

No comments: